Sunday, September 14, 2008

Circus Amok

For those who went to Circus Amok, what did everyone think? 

Personally, I thought it was a bit unfair that in the introduction they talked about how John McCain winning the presidency would be scary and everyone should vote against him, but didn't (as far as I could detect) support this with the rest of the show. When they talked about things like historical racial discrimination, I felt as though they were still trying to criticize the current Republican party, but it wasn't really connected. I suppose it was just supposed to be an attack on the status quo in general, but, again, I thought they should've mentioned why McCain/Palin is the status quo. 

Anyway, that's just me! How about you?

2 comments:

BNR said...

I agree. I liked the concept of the show - I mean, it is not every day you see a bearded woman put on a circus in a park - but I felt a little attacked. I am still up in the air about the way I am voting, and I felt like things were very one sided. But then again, all the power to them! Republicans can make their own circus if they wanted to as well. All in all, it was a neat experience to see such a different type of medium to express ideas.

Michael Bartnett said...

I also didn't agree with all of the politics. That didn't matter so much to me though. Like I said in class my favorite part was Dorothy. If the were trying to get anyone to subscribe to their political agenda, they picked the best avenue: entertainment & humor. If I had known a little more about the situation with Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae I probably would've enjoyed Freddie & Fannie's Ride more as well. The band was pretty cool also, and played well considering how god-awful hot it was. The weather was the biggest leech of my enjoyment, the act suffered as a result and it put people in a more irritable frame of mind on top of that.